01 March 2011

Beijing to Delhi overland

After that last post from China my hard drive crashed and we had to go to sticky internet cafes to log on. While perhaps I should’ve been able to write in those places like Jenifer did (hereim.tumblr.com), over time I diverted that energy to an old fashioned sketch journal (and figured out how water soluble colered-pencils work along the way). We did make it to Delhi via Tibet and Nepal 19 weeks after landing in Beijing. I hadn’t expected we’d be able to stay on the ground the whole way due to the logistics of Tibet, but I’m endlessly thankful for having done so after all.
Also along the way we confirmed and finalized plans long in the works to join the Peace Corps for service in Morocco! So, over the last month we wrapped up lose ends and visited family in the States and arrived in Marrakesh via Casablanca this week. Whew, what a whirlwind!
It's hard to say how much access we'll have here over the next 27 months, but I really do intend to give this blog another try!
In the meantime, I’ll load a few of those sketches from Asia, the memories and dreamlike effects of which I’ll no doubt be digesting for the rest of my life.

2 comments:

Mr and Mrs Mogs said...

Nice to hear from you again. I was wondering what had happened to you. Best of luck in your new venture. Hope you have internet access so I can continue following your travels & photos.
Elvie

Mark McEnery said...

We now have internet access-we bought a USB modem, so now hopefully things will settle down wit us in Morocco enough to start journalling again. How are you guys??

I just noticed your year-in-photos log. Guess I have a bit of catching up to do...